Massive Oracle DB system migration and Disaster Recovery solution implementation
- Migrate 200+ enterprise databases from a variety of platforms (AIX, HP-UX, Linux), consolidating them on Oracle Exadata X7
- Upgrade legacy DB versions in the process of migration, from versions 9i, 10g, 11g to 12c
- Set up Disaster Recovery solution
- Conduct performance optimization as per Exadata best practices
- We have developed a flexible migration plan to be able to adjust the migration approach for each DB’s specific requirements
- Migration approaches list included Oracle DataGuard switchover, Oracle Data Pump migration and Oracle RMAN duplicate
- The migration process have been scripted to minimize downtime and optimize work
- All database have been migrated to Exadata servers
- Disaster recovery solution has been designed and set up, comprising Oracle RAC, Oracle Data Guard with standby databases on a dedicated Exadata system, and Oracle RMAN backups
- Oracle Database 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c
- Oracle Exadata X7
- Oracle Grid Infrastructure
- Oracle Real Application Clusters
- Oracle DataGuard
- Oracle RMAN
- Oracle Data Pump
- RedHat Enterprise Linux
- 15.000 hours
- 3 x Senior Oracle Exadata Administrator
- Senior Oracle Database Architect
- Project Manager
Support team — 24×7 coverage:
- Rotation shift member: 8 x Senior Oracle DBA
- Rotation team leader: 4 x Senior Oracle Exadata Administrator
Alex is one of the best Oracle DBA’s I have worked with. Excellent communication skills, it was great to work with Upgrade Consulting.
We can recommend Upgrade Consulting without any restrictions. They are, without any question, a shining star among the Oracle DBAs on the market.
Wonderful and dedicated guys. They fixed all our system problems in a smart and proffesional way. Will definitely hire them for our future projects. Thanks for provding a great solution!
Upgrade consulting has designed the whole database solution for us and has led the project to the successful implementation. It’s a pleasure working with this team.
Competent and confident at what they do. They go the extra mile to research and find the best solution to any problem. A great resource for specific projects or continious support.