Cloud backup infrastructure setup in Azure
- The client’s on-premises hardware was running out of support lifetime.
- It was required to find a cost-effective way to move from the mentioned hardware
- The system consisted of:
1) a hardware hypervisor with 18 VMs running on top of it;
2) a storage appliance;
3) an Email server;
4) a hardware firewall
- A detailed analysis has been conducted, to compare the pros/cons of 3 different ways to address the risks:1) Migrate the system to a brand-new hardware
2) Migrate the whole system to Azure cloud services
3) Set up a backup solution in the cloud, to ensure a seamless switch-over to the cloud in case of the on-prem system’s failure.
- A decision has been made to proceed with the 3 rd option implementation
- The backup system has been built in Azure Cloud, utilizing cloud-native services where possible to optimize costs and simplify maintenance (Storage, DB, Mail server, monitoring solution)
- Such an approach allowed us to minimize the cloud deployment costs to 20% if compared to classical cloud migration.
- Azure Cloud
- Azure VM
- Azure Storage
- Azure Database for MySQL
- Windows Server
- 400 hours
- Azure Cloud Architect
- Senior Windows Administrator
- Senior Network Administrator
Want to make a successful project?
Need to save costs and consolidate your data assets? Tweak the database performance or execute 0% downtime database migration? Our creative approach unlocks business potential and focus on creating newer possibilities