Highly-available Retail OLTP Database migration and High Availability solution design
- Migrate of 50+ TB Highly-Available OLTP database from Europe to Russia
- Migrate the DB from IBM Power AIX-based servers to Oracle Exadata X7
- Setup a high-availability solution, based on geo-replication between Russian and European datacenters
- Ensure the migration downtime window to be less than 4 hours
- Migrate Weblogic-based enterprise application
- Highly-available, scalable architecture has been developed, comprising Oracle RAC, geo-distributed DataGuard system, Cascade Active DataGuard for offloading reporting workload
- A custom two-phase migration approach has been developed to ensure downtime windows of less than 4 hours
- The migration solution based on XTTS for Phase One and on Data Guard switch-over for phase 2
- The migration procedure has been scripted to minimize the downtime and manual work
- The load testing plan has been developed, using Oracle Database Replay
- The solution has been implemented within 4 months, meeting the deadline requirements
- Oracle Database
- Oracle Exadata
- Oracle Cross-Platform Transportable Tablespaces (XTTS)
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control
- Oracle Grid Infrastructure
- Oracle Real Application Clusters
- Oracle DataGuard
- Weblogic Server
- Oracle Database Replay
- Oracle Enterprise Linux
- 945 hours
- 2 x Senior Oracle Exadata Administrator
- 2 x Senior Oracle Middleware Administrator
- Senior Oracle Database Architect
- Project Manager
Alex is one of the best Oracle DBA’s I have worked with. Excellent communication skills, it was great to work with Upgrade Consulting.
We can recommend Upgrade Consulting without any restrictions. They are, without any question, a shining star among the Oracle DBAs on the market.
Wonderful and dedicated guys. They fixed all our system problems in a smart and proffesional way. Will definitely hire them for our future projects. Thanks for provding a great solution!
Upgrade consulting has designed the whole database solution for us and has led the project to the successful implementation. It’s a pleasure working with this team.
Competent and confident at what they do. They go the extra mile to research and find the best solution to any problem. A great resource for specific projects or continious support.